Serve In The Church
Serve In The Church
Make a Difference
Our belief is that as people choose to serve, whether in our church, in our local community, or around the world, the impact of that service will change lives—for those serving, for the people they serve, and even for those who see them giving their time to help someone else.
It takes all of us together to make the bridge function — from children to youth to adults – from people to property. Are you willing to help? The opportunities are as diverse as the people who attend.
If you are new to the church, you may not know even where to begin when it comes to serving. Here are some places to start! You get a taste of serving and can then figure out what your Next Steps might be.
- Snack prep for Sunday Morning Vibe (both services)
- Snack prep for Summer Camps (July 9-13 & August 13-17)
- Food prep
- fire pit prep
- set up/tear down
- coffee squad
All Young Adults First Serve Opportunities take place at 5:00-6:30pm Sunday Nights.
- stage set construction – end of June / end of August
production team shadowing – audio, lighting, computer, live stream – any Sunday 8:00 – 10:30am
Tea / coffee prep for Summer Group Connect 6:00 – 7:30pm Wednesdays July 11/18, August 1/8/15/22
- Chapel or Gym re-set – Sundays, 12:30 – 1:00pm
- craft prep – Midweek (1-2 hours)
- clean toys and furniture – Midweek (1-2 hours)
- repair of costumes and stuffed animals – Midweek (1-2 hours)
- ABC Summer Camp
- assist with decorating or organizing materials (time TBA)
- set-up – July 21 / 22 (2 – 3 hours)
- tear down – July 27 (1:00 – 3:00)
- Gardening – time to be arranged
The Care Ministry at the bridge exists to care for those in need, times of crisis, pain and transition.
- Prayer Network
- Weekend Service Prayer Partner
- Visitation/Community Care
- Hospital Visitation
- Post-Hospitalization Visit
- Long-Term Care Visitation
- Shut Ins & Elderly Care
- Post-Crisis Meal Provision
- Care Events Set-up & Tear Down
- Care Events Host
- Christmas Cheer Coordinating Team
What’s your story?
Is there a life experience you’ve been through that you’d like to see God use to help someone else? We can help you identify some potential volunteer opportunities within the Care Network, including Seasonal Groups. Please indicate below and our Care Ministry Pastor will be in contact with you as quickly as possible.
Areas of personal experience:
- divorce or separation
- addiction (i.e. substance, pornography)
- financial challenges (i.e. unemployment, bankruptcy, foreclosure)
- marriage difficulties (i.e. infidelity, infertility, blended family)
- depression, anxiety, anger
- grief (i.e. loss of a spouse, child, parent, sibling)
- spiritual struggles
Jesus loves kids…so WE love kids! KIDZONE is children’s ministry at the bridge. We exist to help a child develop that spiritual foundation, that awareness of God, that connection with Him at the earliest stage of their life. Is there anything more exciting?
KIDZONE environments are divided by age: 0–23 months; 2–3 years; 4–5 years; grades 1–3; grades 4–5.
Large Group Leaders
- oversee an age-group environment
- provide an engaging and interactive experience for kids using curriculum provided
- roles include teacher and story-teller
Small Group Leaders
- work closely with the large group leaders
- connect relationally with kids; encourage discussion and activities that help kids grow spiritually and build friendships
- roles include teaching assistant and L.I.T.s (leaders in training: age 11–17)
Check-In/Check-Out Team Members
- provide a warm welcome to kids and their families as they check kids in and out
- ensure a secure environment
- provide information to parents
- provide a loving, safe environment for infants, so that parents can enjoy the service
- Assist behind the scenes in the areas of administration, organization, decorating, etc.
We would love to talk with you about joining our team! If you are interested and would like more information about volunteering in KIDZONE, please click the sign up button below.
The Communication team at the bridge desires to communicate God’s love through various expressions of the church’s ministries. Communicating within the church and to our community is accomplished intentionally with the purpose of informing, engaging and encouraging people.
- take photos of church life on Sundays or special events
- edit weekly sermon slides and e-newsletter, along with other published content
- create graphic design content for communication pieces
- edit captured photos for website, social media and/or publications
- assist with basic website maintenance
- capture video footage at services or special events
- edit video footage or create motion graphic videos to be used for creating promo material, celebration videos, etc.
- assist with posting content or managing new ideas for our social media strategy
Host Ministries plays a central part in our weekend services. These teams have the unique privilege of creating a positive guest experience for everyone who arrives on our campus. We interact with the guests in our atrium, auditorium, and Hub Café. We want everyone that walks through the doors to know that they are welcome, loved and accepted. These teams serve on a 3–4 week rotation during weekend services.
- greet and welcome each guest
- create a warm environment
- distribute information and service elements
- usher guests to their seats
Hub Café Hosts
- serve food and beverages
At the bridge, we don’t have classes or programs—we have groups! This is how people grow best, and how a big church feels like a community.
LifeGroup Leaders are identified and developed from within each LifeGroup, but there are other ways to serve in this ministry.
- open their home for their group to meet
- create a warm, inviting atmosphere
- please note: this should be a pet-free and smoke-free home
- prepare food for monthly leadership training
Event Set-Up Team Member (2x per year)
Event Hospitality Team Member (2x per year)
The OnMission team exists to love our neighbours authentically, serve our community, and change the world.
- lead a team of volunteers to plan and execute the church-wide food drive in June of each year
Operation Christmas Child Lead
- lead a team of volunteers to execute the distribution and collection of shoeboxes (September to November)
English Language Café
The language cafe provides a friendly drop-in environment for people to practice conversational English. It’s a place where people are welcomed to enjoy a beverage and snack while learning new vocabulary and slang and build up their confidence in spoken English. And it’s absolutely FREE for the community.
Every Friday from 10 am until noon in the Atrium. I think it’s on the website under serve just wanted to provide updated position descriptions as per below.
- Co-Facilitator: assists main facilitator with coordination of Language Cafes, assist with Language Cafe activities/lessons and assists with generating content and activitiesHost: assists with greeting and welcoming of participants, assists at food/beverage station, available for closing up, support table discussion as a participant when not attending other duties
Out of the Cold Team Tear Down Lead (mid-November through mid-January)
- responsible for coordinating volunteers for Tuesday mornings from 5:30–7:30am to clean and reset gym for ministry use
- SHARE food drive team member (April-June)
- Operation Christmas Child team member (September to November)
The Operations Team serves as faithful stewards of the the bridge’s resources. If you enjoy working behind the scenes and want to serve in the areas of Facilities, Administration, IT or Events, we’d love to partner with you!
- provide administrative support for the church office and/or church ministries
- reception duties, data entry, and other administrative projects (e.g. mailings, maintain office supplies, etc.)
- administrative experience and abilities, as well as good computer skills preferred
- opportunities not requiring experience or technical skills also available
Events Set-Up/Tear-Down Team
- provide a welcoming environment by setting up and tearing down spaces for church and ministry events, classes, weddings, funerals, etc.
- no experience required; training will be provided
- please note: this is a physically active role that requires the ability to lift/move tables and chairs
Grounds Maintenance Team:
- weeding, pruning shrubs / trees and edging walkways
- mowing the lawn
- snow removal and salting of entrances on Sunday services as required
- Event Audio/Visual Support
- Trades: Plumber, Electrician, etc.
- Facilities maintenance (cleaning, repairs, painting, etc.)
- IT Support (Hardware, Software, Database Administrator, Network, etc.)
- Data Analyst
Worship and Creative Arts
The Worship and Creative Arts ministry at the bridge is all about facilitating beautiful meeting places for people to encounter God through all things production, music and set design.
Worship Team (Vocal and Band)
- use your musical abilities to lead others in worship
- looking for experienced musicians with the ability to sing melody when asked or harmonize and blend with other vocalists
- run and mix music to create a relational experience in worship
- coordinate worship lyrics and sermon slides for Sunday services
- design and run lighting elements that enhance the worship experience for Sunday gatherings and other events
- lead the Production Team for Sunday gatherings and other events
- serves as the central communication to all production areas
- give cues to the team to progress through each service
Requirements for the above positions are as follows: serving 1–2 times per month, which includes Thursday rehearsals (7:00–9:00pm) and Sunday mornings (8:00am–12:30pm).
Set Design Team (seasonally)
- design and create the sets for weekend services and special events
- looking for individuals with experience in painting, decorating, carpentry, or any other artistic experience
If you haven’t heard: YA NIGHTS is a gathering for young adults to connect together and experience the love of God. We have found young adults to be yearning for relationships, so we desire for them to experience the love of God and experience it in community. If you are looking to connect with young adults, this is the place to be!
- lead a team of volunteers to organize and prepare food for weekly gatherings
- prepare physical space for weekly gatherings
- build a set-up/tear-down team
- cultivate a safe and welcoming group environment
- guide Young Adults to grow in their relationships with Jesus and others
- welcome guests at weekly gatherings
- Worship team
- Social media team
- Food team
- A/V team
- Set design
- Set-up & tear-down
If you have any questions, please email Pastor Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth (VIBE and FEARLESS)
Youth Ministries at the bridge is a safe space where students can be themselves while building solid relationships with Christ, mentors, and their peers, so that they can become influencers for Christ.
Small Group Leaders
- cultivate a safe and welcoming group environment
- organize and prepare snacks for VIBE and/or FEARLESS gatherings
- assist with set-up/tear-down and distributing snacks
- for individuals to discover where they may want to serve within youth ministries
- Social Media Team
- Audio & Visual Lead/Team
- Chalkboard Team
- Worship Leader/Team
VIBE meets on Friday nights from 7:00–9:00pm.
FEARLESS meets on Wednesday nights from 7:00–9:30pm.