We are embarking on something new and exciting to bring greater impact to our community through Christ.
We have some important updates regarding the building hope campaign. Select the videos below to watch.
OUR GOAL IS TO RAISE $1.5 MILLION by December 31, 2022.
We invite you to partner with us to bring hope to our community. If you would like to pledge an amount to the campaign we want to help. Below you’ll see a pledge guide that will help you as you process a strategic approach to giving. Use this as a individual or family to determine what option works best for you.
Start Your Pledge
Click the button below to setup your pledge with our online pledging system.
We are accepting a new round of pledges with the hope of reaching our goal by December 31, 2022. Please consider making a pledge to give.
$1.5 Million dollar goal
- 60% 60%
In 2017, the bridge church set the wheels in motion for an ambitious expansion project. As a growing community church in Markham, we found ourselves at capacity in our adult, children and youth services. Our building, which has served us so well, was now becoming a limiting factor in our growth and service to our community. We knew that God had big plans for the bridge and felt that we needed to maximize our location at 5440 16th Avenue, Markham, to achieve those plans. After many years of planning, designing, and refining, our project has finally begun! We are excited to see what God will do through the bridge and this new facility—which we expect to be fully functional in 2022.
You can follow along with our building project by checking this website. We will keep you posted on our progress and major milestone achievements.
Have a question?
If you have any questions regarding the building project please email us at building[email protected]
- Limit of 10 individuals per tour.
- Multiple dates are available.
- For safety reasons the tour is only open to those ages 16 and up.
Check this out!
We hope these devotional resources will help you as you prayfully consider what you can give towards the Building Hope campaign.
Formation of the building committee.
Kick-off meetings with the architect and staff. Design process begins.
Parking minor variance approved.
Submission of site plan application to the City of Markham.
Site works and demolition.
To optimize and maximize our ministry opportunity. We have a vision to see 1800–2000 people being ministered to in any given week. We see a multicultural, multi-ethnic, multi-generational, multi-purpose church facility fulfilling God’s Kingdom agenda. Our current building presented challenges in terms of capacity for growth, significant repairs that needed to be made, accessibility issues, etc. We have the money and the resources to fulfill this project now. We have 85% of the funds in hand. The other 15% we will raise or finance.
IS NOW THE RIGHT TIME TO BUILD?
COVID-19 presents an opportunity. It would be more difficult to build with our usual ministry in progress. We are building to serve generations to come; not just for this present time. Each time we have developed our property, our growth rate has increased. New space means new reach, new people, new ministries, new income and—ultimately—greater ability to connect people to God, His church, and to their world in Christ.
Are COVID restrictions affecting the building project?
We have consulted with our construction management company and legal counsel who have both advised us that, under the current regulations, we are permitted to complete the demolition and prepare the site for construction. The construction activities are all taking place with proper COVID protocols in place.
WILL THE CURRENT GYM/KITCHEN BE IMPACTED BY THE BUILDING PROJECT?
Our current gym and kitchen will remain as is. The washrooms and connecting entrances to the rest of the building will change to be connected to the new sections of the building.
ARE THERE ANY INTERiM SOLUTIONS FOR MEETING IN PERSON AS A CHURCH?
Two factors come into play: the government allowing churches to meet again and the city of Markham re-establishing our occupancy permit. We are hoping to gain our occupancy permit for the gym by August 2021, so that we can resume meeting in-person using that space.
We are striving to be able to occupy our auditorium the end of December 2021, but note this is subject to change.