Kidzone: March 15 Update
Good Morning Parents & Guardians,
You would have received an email from Pastor Brian last night letting you know that our bridge gatherings on site will be paused for the month of March, in light of the Covid-19 virus. For the next 3 Sunday’s there will be no weekly gatherings. This includes Kidzone. While we will miss gathering with your kids in person, I will be sharing some tools for you each week to help you as parents navigate this time as a family, and to give you chances to still worship and experience God together! It’s my desire to partner with you and help equip you as best I can. Know that I am praying for you all.
1) I want to encourage you to have your kids participate with you in worship through song for the bridge online experience each week! If you take a photo of your family and post it on Instagram, please tag @bridgekidzone & @thebridgemarkham, and we would LOVE to repost and share the way your family is utilizing our online platform to gather together to worship Jesus!
Over the next 3 weeks, I’ll share a “worship song of the week” for your kids, and this week it is “Won’t Worry Bout a Thing!” You can access it here.
God is on our side, so we don’t need to worry about a thing! This is a timely message for our kids to receive. We can trust Him because He loves and cares for us. Let’s make this our anthem this week!
2) I also want to provide you with some links to sources that are helpful for having conversations with your kids if they are experiencing anxiety surrounding the virus, and also for YOU, as you navigate and lead your families during this time.
- Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic – a blog post for parents on managing anxiety during any number of life disruptions: click here.
- How to Talk to Kids about the Corona Virus– a video from the child mind institute providing parents with tips on how to converse with kids about the virus: click here.
- Anxiety Conversation Guides – Helping a child with anxiety can be a challenge. You can download these age-appropriate resources to find tips and practical ways to help your kids if this is something they struggle with:
3) This is an opportunity to pray with your kids! To pray for our leaders, to pray for peace and calm in the hearts and minds of your family, and to pray for those affected by the virus personally. We know that God uses tough and seemingly ‘bitter’ moments in our lives for His glory and His good (just like Pastor Brian’s sermon illustration a few weeks ago), so let’s pray with our kids in faith knowing we serve a God who is in control and bigger than any of our fears. Some creative ideas for praying with your kids can be found here.
4) Finally, these times provide a great missional opportunity for our kids to take part in! Each week we are going to have our kids create something or participate in a random act of kindness (if you as a family choose to), to encourage a group that the virus may be impacting. This week we are going to encourage your kids to create an 8 1/2 x 11 poster for Doctors, Nurses & Health workers on the front lines! Have your child create a picture and/or use words to thank our health care professionals, and then take a photo or scan it and email it to: [email protected] by Friday, March 20th (please do not fold or take photos of sides- one side only). We will compile these as a collage and present it to Markham Stouffville hospital next week.
Praying for you all,